The Georgia WebMBA® is a 30 semester hour program that offers professionals the opportunity to earn an accredited online MBA degree. As one of the seven collaborating institutions, the University of West Georgia admits students into this program each Spring and Fall. All participating institutions are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the premier accrediting body for business degree programs.
Applicants who have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher with at least a minimum of two years of professional work experience will be granted regular acceptance.
All Georgia WebMBA® courses are offered completely online. The Georgia WebMBA® is a lockstep program in that all students in each cohort complete all courses together. The program is part-time (6 credits per semester). If all coursework is completed on schedule, students earn the degree in 22 months.
Prior to entering the WebMBA program, students must demonstrate competency in the principles and practices of business. This can be demonstrated by successfully completing undergraduate courses or through the completion of learning modules in the following areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Business Statistics
- Analyze and evaluate alternative courses of action using appropriate qualitative and quantitative tools to create value.
- Recognize and evaluate the impact on business decisions of the ethical and social dimensions of business activities.
- Formulate and assess integrated technology solutions to influence structures, processes, and techniques of management.
- Analyze global economic environments, integrate multiple business components, and assess impact using a risk analysis.
- Integrate multiple business functions across a broad range of situations by solving problems and making strategic decisions.
- Apply team-development and leadership skills in group settings to produce, evaluate and present business decision
Georgia WebMBA® Admission Criteria
The WebMBA® program in the Richards College of Business relies on a competitive admission process. In all cases final admission decisions are made by the Richards College of Business Graduate Admissions Committee. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Complete the online graduate application, including a paid application fee.
An Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (official transcripts from all credit-granting institutions must be submitted) with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher.
A minimum of two years of professional work experience.
Required Graduate Coursework