The Georgia WebMBA® is a 30 semester hour program that offers professionals the opportunity to earn an accredited online MBA degree. As one of the six collaborating institutions, the University of West Georgia admits students into this program each Spring and Fall. All participating institutions are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the premier accrediting body for business degree programs.
Admission requirements for the Georgia WebMBA® are the same as those for the traditional MBA program with the additional requirements of a minimum of two years professional work experience. All Georgia WebMBA® courses are offered completely online. The Georgia WebMBA® is a lockstep program in that all students in each cohort complete all courses together. The program is part-time (6 credits per semester). If all coursework is completed on schedule, students earn the degree in 22 months.
Prior to entering the WebMBA program, students must demonstrate competency in the principles and practices of business. This can be demonstrated by successfully completing undergraduate courses or through the completion of learning modules in the following areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Business Statistics
- Analyze and evaluate alternative courses of action using appropriate qualitative and quantitative tools to create value.
- Recognize and evaluate the impact on business decisions of the ethical and social dimensions of business activities.
- Formulate and assess integrated technology solutions to influence structures, processes, and techniques of management.
- Analyze global economic environments, integrate multiple business components, and assess impact using a risk analysis.
- Integrate multiple business functions across a broad range of situations by solving problems and making strategic decisions.
- Apply team-development and leadership skills in group settings to produce, evaluate and present business decision
Georgia WebMBA® Admission Criteria
The WebMBA® program in the Richards College of Business relies on a competitive admission process. In all cases final admission decisions are made by the Richards College of Business Graduate Admissions Committee.
Attain a score of 950 points based on the formula: (undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale) x 200) + the applicant’s Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score and a 3.0 or higher on the analytical writing section of the GMAT: OR
Attain a score of 1000 points based on the formula: (the upper division undergraduate GPA (last 60 hours, on a 4.0 scale) x 200) + the applicant’s GMAT score and a 3.0 or higher on the analytical writing section of the GMAT: OR
In a limited number of cases, prospective students with substantial management experience (in rank and tenure) and a strong academic background may apply for and be granted a GMAT Waiver. To be considered for a GMAT waiver, applicants must submit the GMAT Test Score Waiver Form with supporting documentation. This form is available through the Richards College of Business Office of Graduate Student Services.